We would appreciate information on any health problems which a student may have. Advice given to us will be followed. A Doctor is available at all times but the College will not be responsible for the cost of prescriptions or hospitalisation. Parents will be invoiced for doctor’s fees. We would appreciate that your child has information regarding medical card/health insurance details to cover costs the student may incur during his/her stay in the Gaeltacht.
It is our policy that the use of mobile phones be limited to one hour per day, in the evening. We request that all cameras and recording devices be covered prior to arrival, in keeping with Child Protection Guidelines.
Should your child need to contact home outside of the allocated hour, they can do so through the Principal/Bean an Tí.
We would appreciate your full co-operation on this matter.
Bicycles are not recommended, however, they are not restricted. A helmet is necessary with bicycle. Students are advised not to bring bicycles by train to Tralee. There is no facility on the bus for transportation of bicycle to the Centre. Students wishing to bring bicycles to Corca Dhuibhne must do so privately or by Courier. Bicycles are not permitted at Coláiste Íde.
Heated styling irons.
These items are strictly forbidden.
Pocket money is a personal matter. There is a small shop in each centre where students may purchase drinks and snacks.
Coláistí Chorca Dhuibhne hoodies are also available for purchase.
Students travelling by public transport should ensure that they have enough to cover the cost of their return ticket.
Bean an Tí will wash the student’s clothes for the duration of their stay at the College. Students staying at Coláiste Íde will avail of a launderette facility free of charge.
Please ensure your child had a machine friendly laundry bag.
Parents/Guardians/Families are welcome to visit on Sunday’s, generally after 11am.
Written notice must be given to the college before 4pm on Friday if you are due to visit your child at the weekend.
Students are encouraged to bring musical instruments during the course.
All information is also available on our website. The facility to carry out payments online is also available www.colaiste.ie
Students not completing courses
All course refunds are at the discretion of Coláistí Chorca Dhuibhne Teo.
Coláistí Chorca Dhuibhne reserve the right to refuse any application and cannot guarantee accommodation of preference.
The Committee does not believe in having a long list of rules which students must obey. There are a few simple rules and it is requested that these be brought to the student’s attention before coming to the Gaeltacht. Contravention of these rules will result in the student being sent home from the course and forfeiting the course fee.
- Students must speak Irish at all times.
- All students must follow instructions received from course personnel.
- All students must return to their houses from the céilí at the appointed time and are not permitted to leave thereafter. This also applies to students taken out for the day or part of the day by Parents/Guardians.
- Possession or use of tobacco, alcoholic drink or addictive substances is prohibited. Students are not allowed to enter a licensed premise.(junior courses only)
- Students must comply with the rules of the road while walking. Please ensure your child brings a high visibility jacket.
- The use of mobile phones will be restricted to one hour after dinner each evening.
- No aerosol deodorant’s permitted