The following are the rules or “Terms” that govern all bookings and operations of Coláistí Chorca Dhuibhne. By using or visiting the Site, you expressly agree to be bound by these Terms and to follow these Terms and all applicable laws and regulations governing the website.
Coláistí Chorca Dhuibhne reserves the right to change these Terms at any time, effective immediately upon posting on the website. Please check this page of the website periodically.
Price is inclusive of accommodation, food, Irish classes, activities and 24hr supervision. Please note outdoor activities are weather permitting.
- Please Note: Students will be provisionally accepted at time of booking. The Final stages of the booking process can only be fully completed once the satisfactory completion of the following:
• COVID 19 Declaration Form
• GP Assessment Form (if required)
- The Covid 19 Declaration and GP Assessment Forms must be returned no later than 3 days prior to the course start date. Please note, forms returned later than 3 days before the course start date will not be accepted.
- Coláistí Chorca Dhuibhne reserves the right to deny registration to applicants who do not successfully fulfil steps 1 and 2.
- Coláistí Chorca Dhuibhne reserves the right to deny registration of applicants suffering from serious illness or underlying health conditions. This is in the best interest and safety of the applicant student and that of the remaining students.
- In the event of a course cancellation, applicants will be issued a full refund minus an admin fee of €60, as per our cancellation policy.
- Places are reserved on first come first served basis and in the case where we have to reduce the numbers on a course last in and first out will apply. This procedure shall apply in the event that a COURSES CAPACITY IS REDUCED DUE TO AN ACCOMMODATION BECOMING UNAVAILABLE.
- Course cancellations due to Covid 19, or any other extraordinary events outside of the control of Coláistí Chorca Dhuibhne, and/or on the advice of a third party, or advisory body will result in a refund of fees paid, minus an administration fee of €60.
- Should a student need to cancel due to Covid 19 symptoms prior to arriving at the college, a full refund will be issued, upon delivery of a doctor’s certificate less the administration fee of €60.
- 06/08/2022. Should these guidelines change, it will be necessary to assess the costs of operating the course, and if the changes are significant, resulting in the number of students per course having to be reduced significantly or whereby significant further measurers will need to be put in place to adhere to guidelines at significant cost, we reserve our position in respect of amending the fees as previously outlined or cancelling the course entirely. Written notification to each student of any such cancellation of the course entirely, or alteration to the fees payable in respect of the course, will be made at the earliest available opportunity.
- Due to the ever-changing developments associated with Covid19, assessment on course costing, and course capacity guidelines will take place closer to the course start date.
A deposit of €250 will be required when submitting your application form.
A course place is only confirmed on receipt of a course reference number (uimhir thagartha). You will receive your reference number via email once you have booked in. Please quote this reference number in any correspondence with Coláistí Chorca Dhuibhne.
Please contact us if you do not receive your reference number. (via firstname.lastname@example.org)
The balance of the course fee is payable 6 weeks prior to the course start date. Coláistí Chorca Dhuibhne reserves the right to treat a booking as cancelled due to non-payment of the balance by the due date and, in that event, the deposit as already paid shall be forfeited in full and no refund of deposit shall be paid.
There is a €35 per student family discount for siblings attending Coláistí Chorca Dhuibne in the same calendar year.
This discount does not apply to our Treimhse Foghlama sa Ghaeltacht teacher courses.
Scholarships & Part Scholarships
Scholarships & Part Scholarships are only valid for the for the current year’s courses.
The value of the Scholarship or Part Scholarship voucher will be credited off the balance due, once Coláistí Chorca Dhuibhne receive written confirmation of the scholarship.
Please contact us if you are in receipt of a scholarship, to discuss how your course balance will be paid.
- In the event of a cancellation by or on behalf of a student, in writing, up to 6 weeks prior to the course start date, a full refund shall issue, minus an administration cost of €60.
- An administration charge of €60 will apply to all cancellations processed.
A full refund will be issued if you cancel up to 30 days prior to the course start date, less an administration fee of €60.
You will forfeit your deposit if you cancel a course between 30 and 7 days before the course start date.
You are responsible for paying us the FULL FEE if you cancel a course less than 7 days prior to the course start date.
Note to Students and Parents:
Fees paid for the course are broken down into college preparation costs that occur prior to course starting, and delivery costs.
Once a booking is made a portion of the fees paid are expended on the preparation costs by the college in planning the course, this is what the administration fee relates to, as mentioned in the cancellation policy above.
- Booking system fee: €4
- Course Preparation fee (administration fee) €60
- Course delivery fee: Varies per course
Fees are not inclusive of: travel to/from Coláistí Chorca Dhuibhne, course hoodies, tuck shop, and a tour during the course.
All course fees are based on current guidelines as issued by Roinn Cultúir, Oidhreachta agus Gaeltachta as of 06/08/2020.
While every effort is made to honour the course fee listed at your time of booking, please be aware that a surcharge may be applied based on increasing course costs.
Customers will be notified by email of any course fee increases.
The Committee does not believe in having a long list of rules which students must obey. There are a few simple rules and it is requested that these be brought to the student’s attention before coming to the Gaeltacht. Contravention of these rules will result in the student being sent home from the course and forfeiting the course fee.
- Students must speak Irish at all times.
- All students must follow instructions received from course personnel.
- All students must return to their houses from the céilí at the appointed time and are not permitted to leave thereafter. This also applies to students taken out for the day or part of the day by Parents/Guardians.
- Possession or use of tobacco, alcoholic drink or addictive substances is prohibited at all time during the course and this includes in the accommodation provided. Students are not allowed to enter a licensed premise.
- Students must comply with the rules of the road while walking. Please ensure your child brings a high visibility jacket.
- The use of mobile phones will be restricted to one hour after dinner each evening.
- No aerosol deodorants, or heated hair stylers are permitted.
- Fake tan products are not permitted.
- Please bring a machine friendly laundry bag.
Accommodation is granted on a first come first served basis. Personal requests are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. A maximum of three friends can be listed and all forms must correspond.
This is available upon written request.