The following are the rules or “Terms” that govern all bookings and operations of Coláistí Chorca Dhuibhne. By using or visiting the Site, you expressly agree to be bound by these Terms and to follow these Terms and all applicable laws and regulations governing the website.
Coláistí Chorca Dhuibhne reserves the right to change these Terms at any time, effective immediately upon posting on the website. Please check this page of the website periodically.
Price is inclusive of accommodation, food, Irish classes, activities and 24hr supervision. Please note outdoor activities are weather permitting.
- Coláistí Chorca Dhuibhne reserves the right to deny registration of applicants suffering from serious illness or underlying health conditions. This is in the best interest and safety of the applicant student and that of the remaining students.
- Places are reserved on first come first served basis and in the case where we have to reduce the numbers on a course last in and first out will apply. This procedure shall apply in the event that a COURSES CAPACITY IS REDUCED DUE TO AN ACCOMMODATION BECOMING UNAVAILABLE.
A deposit of €250 will be required when submitting your application form.
A course place is only confirmed on receipt of a course reference number (uimhir thagartha). You will receive your reference number via email once you have booked in. Please quote this reference number in any correspondence with Coláistí Chorca Dhuibhne.
Please contact us if you do not receive your reference number. (via firstname.lastname@example.org)
The balance of the course fee is payable 6 weeks prior to the course start date. Coláistí Chorca Dhuibhne reserves the right to treat a booking as cancelled due to non-payment of the balance by the due date and, in that event, the deposit as already paid shall be forfeited in full and no refund of deposit shall be paid.
There is a €35 per student family discount for siblings attending Coláistí Chorca Dhuibne in the same calendar year.
This discount does not apply to our Treimhse Foghlama sa Ghaeltacht teacher courses.
Scholarships & Part Scholarships
Scholarships & Part Scholarships are only valid for the for the current year’s courses.
The value of the Scholarship or Part Scholarship voucher will be credited off the balance due, once Coláistí Chorca Dhuibhne receive written confirmation of the scholarship.
Please contact us if you are in receipt of a scholarship, to discuss how your course balance will be paid.
- In the event of a cancellation by or on behalf of a student, in writing, up to 6 weeks prior to the course start date, a full refund shall issue, minus an administration cost of €60.
- An administration charge of €60 will apply to all cancellations processed.
You will forfeit your deposit if you cancel a course between 30 and 7 days before the course start date.
You are responsible for paying us the FULL FEE if you cancel a course less than 7 days prior to the course start date.
Note to Students and Parents:
Fees paid for the course are broken down into college preparation costs that occur prior to course starting, and delivery costs.
Once a booking is made a portion of the fees paid are expended on the preparation costs by the college in planning the course, this is what the administration fee relates to, as mentioned in the cancellation policy above.
- Booking system fee: €4
- Course Preparation fee (administration fee) €60
- Course delivery fee: Varies per course
Fees are not inclusive of: travel to/from Coláistí Chorca Dhuibhne, course hoodies, tuck shop.
All course fees are based on current guidelines as issued by Roinn Cultúir, Oidhreachta agus Gaeltachta.
While every effort is made to honour the course fee listed at your time of booking, please be aware that a surcharge may be applied based on increasing course costs.
Customers will be notified by email of any course fee increases.
The Committee does not believe in having a long list of rules which students must obey. There are a few simple rules and it is requested that these be brought to the student’s attention before coming to the Gaeltacht. Contravention of these rules will result in the student being sent home from the course and forfeiting the course fee.
- Students must speak Irish at all times.
- All students must follow instructions received from course personnel.
- All students must return to their houses from the céilí at the appointed time and are not permitted to leave thereafter. This also applies to students taken out for the day or part of the day by Parents/Guardians.
- Possession or use of tobacco, vapes, alcoholic drink or addictive substances is prohibited at all time during the course and this includes in the accommodation provided. Students are not allowed to enter a licensed premise.
- Students will walk for some of their trips to and from the College. Students must comply with the rules of the road while walking. Please ensure your child brings a high visibility jacket.
- The use of mobile phones will be restricted to one hour after dinner each evening. Please ensure the camera on the phone is covered prior to arrival on a course.
- No aerosol deodorants, or heated hair stylers are permitted.
- Fake tan products are not permitted.
- Please bring a machine friendly laundry bag.
- All students must be studying Irish as an exam subject. Students must be committed to speaking Irish during the course, and parents need to declare that students will commit to this policy.
Accommodation is granted on a first come first served basis. Personal requests are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. A maximum of three friends can be listed and all forms must correspond.
We have a three-strike rule system in operation.
If a student is to be send home due to rule breaches, this list will be issued to the parent, upon written request.
Strike 1: will involve verbal warning to student, and a call home.
Strike 2: will involve final verbal warning, and final call home.
Strike 3: student will be asked to leave the College.
For any serious breach of rules, the student will be sent home on 1st incident.
This list can be issued upon written request.